Quickstart guides have been featured in
THE BEST SQL BOOK FOR BEGINNERS - HANDS DOWN!
*INCLUDES FREE ACCESS TO A SAMPLE DATABASE, SQL BROWSER APP, COMPREHENSION QUIZES & SEVERAL OTHER DIGITAL RESOURCES!*
The same book currently in used in college-level courses while remaining approachable for beginners!
Not sure how to prepare for the data-driven future?
This book shows you EXACTLY what you need to know to successfully use the SQL programming language to enhance your career!
Are you a developer who wants to expand your mastery to database management?
Then you NEED this book. Buy now and start reading today!
Are you a project manager who needs to better understand your development team’s needs? A decision maker who needs to make deeper data-driven analysis?
Everything you need to know is included in these pages!
The ubiquity of big data means that now more than ever there is a burning need to warehouse, access, and understand the contents of massive databases quickly and efficiently.
That’s where SQL comes in.
SQL is the workhorse programming language that forms the backbone of modern data management and interpretation.
Any database management professional will tell you that despite trendy data management languages that come and go, SQL remains the most widely used and most reliable to date, with no signs of stopping. In this comprehensive guide, experienced mentor and SQL expert Walter Shields draws on his considerable knowledge to make the topic of relational database management accessible, easy to understand, and highly actionable.
SQL QuickStart Guide is ideal for those seeking to increase their job prospects and enhance their careers, for developers looking to expand their programming capabilities, or for anyone who wants to take advantage of our inevitably data-driven future—even with no prior coding experience!
SQL QUICKSTART GUIDE IS PERFECT FOR:
- Professionals looking to augment their job skills in preparation for a data-driven future
- Job seekers who want to pad their skills and resume for a durable employability edge
- Beginners with zero prior experience
- Managers, decision makers, and business owners looking to manage data-driven business insights
- Developers looking to expand their mastery beyond the full stack
- Anyone who wants to be better prepared for our data-driven future!
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The basic structure of databases—what they are, how they work, and how to successfully navigate them
- How to use SQL to retrieve and understand data no matter the scale of a database (aided by numerous images and examples)
- The most important SQL queries, along with how and when to use them for best effect
- Professional applications of SQL and how to “sell” your new SQL skills to your employer, along with other career-enhancing considerations
WHAT IS A QUICKSTART GUIDE?
Books for beginners, written by experts—A QuickStart Guide is a comprehensive learning companion tailored for the beginner experience. Our books are written by a handpicked group of experts, subject matter authorities, and thought leaders within their respective areas of study. All QuickStart Guides are available in traditional paperback format as well as spiral-bound, digital audiobook, and ebook format for a learning experience that travels with you.