Quickstart guides have been featured in
Master HTML and CSS fundamentals to create beautiful websites.
The best book on the market for modern web design fundamentals!
The same book currently in used in college-level courses while remaining approachable for beginners!
Every one of the over 4 billion webpages online today use HTML markup language to display its content. HTML is everywhere.
Experienced developers know that a mastery of HTML and CSS fundamentals is not only an essential web design skill, but also the solid foundation of a robust coding skillset.
In HTML & CSS QuickStart Guide author, instructor, and 10+ year Fortune 500 tech company veteran David DuRocher breaks down HTML5 and CSS3 fundamentals manageable, practical, and engaging segments designed for first-time developers.
David’s unique and engaging approach to teaching HTML and CSS principles means that readers are ready to start designing from the very first chapter without enduring an avalanche of boring jargon or dry technobabble.
Use the enclosed bonus digital asset access to go beyond the book with your own hands-on project, GitHub code repository, online tools, resources, and more!
No matter whether you are a student, jobseeker looking to improve your resume, freelancer, designer, experienced developer, or just someone who wants to create their own website from scratch, everything you need to know is right here in this book!
Truly anyone, at any stage of their lives, can learn to code. HTML and CSS are the perfect starting point on that journey—easy to learn, easy to implement, HTML & CSS open the door to a world of coding possibilities.
HTML & CSS QUICKSTART GUIDE IS PERFECT FOR:
- Jobseekers looking to increase the value of their resume
- Artists, bloggers, and digital entrepreneurs who want to customize their web presence
- WordPress, Shopify, and Squarespace users who want to tweak templates and make them their own
- Anyone who wants to create attractive, responsive, and modern websites with no prior experience needed
HTML & CSS QUICKSTART GUIDE COVERS:
- HTML and CSS for Beginners – all of the core HTML and CSS fundamentals you need to know in one place
- HTML tags, CSS elements, CSS styling, and exactly how to fit the pieces together
- Futureproofing – how to design sites that look great on any browser, any device
- Formatting, sizing, fonts, images, multimedia, forms, sprites, and gradients – all of the tools you need to make your website 100% your own!
HTML & CSS QUICKSTART GUIDE WILL TEACH YOU:
- Modern Web Design Fundamentals – How to use the powerful combination of HTML5 and CSS3 to build functional and responsive web pages
- Site Structure and Responsive Design Principles – How to format HTML and CSS markup to produce attractive web sites and web pages that look great on any browser and any device.
- Breathing Life Into Your Projects – How to incorporate forms, multimedia elements, special characters and more into your web projects
- Correct Markup Best Practices – Learn to produce clean, professional HTML documents using industry-standard tools such as GitHub
- HTML and CSS for Beginners – HTML and CSS elements, formatting, padding, gradients, menus, testing, debugging, keeping your site’s code up to date and more—all supported with abundant visual examples and a practical hands-on project!
WHAT IS A QUICKSTART GUIDE?
Books for beginners, written by experts—A QuickStart Guide is a comprehensive learning companion tailored for the beginner experience. Our books are written by a handpicked group of experts, subject matter authorities, and thought leaders within their respective areas of study. All QuickStart Guides are available in traditional paperback format as well as spiral-bound, digital audiobook, and ebook format for a learning experience that travels with you.